May is a busy month in the garden – here are a few tips
1. Time to plant up your hanging baskets and containers
2. Hostas divide well this month. Lift clumps and split them up making sure that each shoot has plenty of roots
3. Stake border perennial varieties that are tall growing, pea sticks (tree or shrub prunings) are good to use
4. Order slug nematodes and rid your plants of this pest the natural and safe way
5. Wait until spring flowering bulbs leaves die back naturally before removing them.