1. Water plants - Finally we have some lovely sunny weather and the plants are loving it...don't forget to water them though!
2. Dig up potatoes - You should be able to harvest new potatoes by now (depending on when you planted them). Once you've harvested them, make use of the extra space by planting some veg for an autumn crop.
3. Pinch out broad beans - As you see the young pods forming, it's a good idea to pinch out the growing tips to prevent black fly from making themselves at home there and for a better harvest.
Click on the post title to comment. Check the full Archive of hints & tips.
If you love to potter about in your garden, learning how to make plants grow, it’s even more fun when you are part of a group of passionate gardeners who unite to trade information, swap stories, and give each other a hand.
We meet on the 4th Wednesday during the winter months, with visits in the summer ones, at a variety of times including weekends & weekdays.
Why not think about coming along to join us?
Membership now only £6 per year.
Note: Non-members will be most welcome to all our meetings
for a payment of £3 on the door.
Our core group members are:
Report from our most recent Event
ASBY GARDENING CLUB - ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Minutes of Meeting 20/05/2019 - Asby Village Hall
1. Apologies: The chair read out a list of members who had provided apologies.
2. Chairperson's Report: Gwen read out her report (provided by Gwen)
3. Treasurer's Report: (click here)
4. AGC Core Team Discussion: Gwen announced that Maggie had decided to step down from the position of Secretary, and Gwen herself had decided to step down as chair due to an imminent house-move. Roy has agreed to stay on as treasurer.
The membership now has to decide if they want to nominate members to the positions of Chair and Secretary, or indeed stand for the positions themselves? Gwen has agreed to stay in post as long as she can until a replacement can be found.
Note: To access ALL the meeting reports from the last 12 months just click on
‘Read the full report’ above, then select from the list of past meetings.