Welcome to Great Asby, Cumbria
The Cumbrian parish of Asby is located in the former county of Westmorland, and lies in the northern part of the Yorkshire Dales National Park (the Westmorland Dales). Very much a rural area, it encompasses two villages, Great Asby and Little Asby, together with the Great Asby Scar National Nature Reserve. Great Asby lies 5 miles south of the historic county town of Appleby-in-Westmorland.
5th April 2020
- 23/03/20 Coronavirus Support page updated.
- 20/03/20 Coronavirus Support page updated.
- 17/03/20 Coronavirus Support page added.
- 14/01/20 Revamped Cinema page Cinema page, including a calendar of film screenings in the Upper Eden area.
- 07/01/20 New Cinema programme through to July 2020.
- 18/11/19 New events added through to January 2020.
- 24/09/19 New Bus Service details added to “Local Travel” (scroll down)
- 23/09/19 Online cinema reservations introduced.
- 11/08/19 New cinema programme through to January 2020.
- 09/08/19 Revised History Group page, with inclusion of Len Gibson video.
- 25/04/19 Revised Village Hall page, with useful documentation.
- 14/02/19. More March events added.
- 11/02/19 New Local Videos series: “Asby’s Historic Landscape”
- 28/01/19 New cinema programme & Audience Poll.
- 25/01/19 More February 2019 events added.
The Asby Parish Message Service distributes local notices to residents and others with an interest in the parish.
If you wish to receive these emails you must register on this website. It’s free and requires just your name and email address.