Welcome to Great Asby, Cumbria
The Cumbrian parish of Asby is located in the former county of Westmorland, and lies in the northern part of the Yorkshire Dales National Park (the Westmorland Dales). Very much a rural area, it encompasses two villages, Great Asby and Little Asby, together with the Great Asby Scar National Nature Reserve. Great Asby lies 5 miles south of the historic county town of Appleby-in-Westmorland.
15th November 2018
- 18/09/18 October “Asby Matters” now available on the Churches page.
- 08/09/18 Revised Footer. ‘Local Videos‘ menu initiated.
- 22/08/18 Additional events added.
- 07/08/18 Latest “Asby Matters” now available on the Churches page.
- 25/06/18 Additional July & August events added.
- 03/06/18 Asby Gardening Club – New Page + Gardening Forum.
- 24/05/18 What’s On Calendar more events added for June – September.
- 21/04/18 Village Hall Bookings available again on the Village Hall page
- 19/04/18 What’s On Calendar updated for more May events.
- 02/04/18 Revised Weather information.
- 19/03/18 What’s On Calendar updated for more April events.
- 20/02/18 What’s On Calendar updated for more March events.
- 23/01/18 Revamped Cinema page.
- 20/01/18 What’s On Calendar updated for more February events.
- 12/01/18 Added cinema programme for Spring 2018.
- 01/01/18 Added the 2018 Calendar, & population stats. to History page.
- 08/12/17 Send Christmas Greetings via the APMS.
- 04/12/17 Advent in Asby – read all about it here.
- 19/11/17 What’s On Calendar updated for more December events.
- 04/11/17 Added Gritting Info to Traffic News
- 21/10/17 What’s On Calendar updated for more November events.
- 25/09/17 Winter opening + music & quiz nights at the pub.
- 16/09/17 What’s On Calendar updated for more October events.
- 11/09/17 Book Club page updated with chosen texts for Oct17-Sep18.
- 23/08/17 Village Hall Bookings calendar added to the Village Hall page.
The Asby Parish Message Service distributes local notices to residents and others with an interest in the parish. If you wish to receive these emails you must register on this website. It’s free and requires just your name and email address.