Key tasks this month are to warm up your beds and get prepared for spring.
- Add well rotted manure or compost to empty beds
- Cover beds with black polythene to warm the soil
- Clear up general garden debris (leaves, weeds, old plants) to keep pests to a minimum
- Keep on top of frosts if you’re growing winter salads
- Clean greenhouse windows and polytunnels
- Clean pots for spring
- There’s not a huge amount to plant this month, but you can soon plant up garlic, onion and shallot sets and start getting soil ready for asparagus and potatoes
- Order seeds and plug plants for later delivery
- Sit out in the current sunshine, enjoy a cuppa and look at the plant catalogue and dream!!