Welcome to Great Asby, Cumbria
The Cumbrian parish of Asby is located in the former county of Westmorland, and lies in the northern part of the Yorkshire Dales National Park (the Westmorland Dales). Very much a rural area, it encompasses two villages, Great Asby and Little Asby, together with the Great Asby Scar National Nature Reserve. Great Asby lies 5 miles south of the historic county town of Appleby-in-Westmorland.
18th October 2017
- 25/09/17 Winter opening + music & quiz nights at the pub.
- 16/09/17 What’s On Calendar updated for more October events.
- 11/09/17 Book Club page updated with chosen texts for Oct17-Sep18.
- 23/08/17 Village Hall Bookings calendar added to the Village Hall page.
- 17/08/17 What’s On Calendar updated for more Sep/Oct events.
- 11/08/17 Asby WI report of August meeting added.
- 25/07/17 Council meeting of 3 August added, minutes added.
- 16/07/17 Parish Council Papers for 20 July meeting added.
- 14/07/17 Little Asby Hawthorn event added for 7 August.
- 25/06/17 What’s On Calendar updated for July/August events.
- 20/06/17 Project 2017 update – see the worship page.
- 05/06/17 Horse Fair – contact number corrected.
- 02/06/17 Parish Council Annual Publications updated for 2016-17.
- 29/05/17 Sharing Event Details – added share icons for Facebook, Twitter, and Email to each event’s details.
- 24/05/17 Project 2017 – read latest update on the scheduled refurbishment of St.Peter’s.
- 22/05/17 What’s On in June – the “What’s On” calendar has now been updated with all known events. Some special events include: a “Down the Decades Disco” on the 2nd., Village Hall Summer Social on the 17th., and a special Midsummer Night’s Cinema Party on the 24th.
- 16/o5/17 A report of May’s WI Meeting – see the Asby WI page.
- 13/05/2017 “Playthings & Pastimes” – see a gallery of pictures under “Arts & Crafts”.
Click any icon for the Met Office’s detailed 7 day Forecast for the Asby area.
See latest weather, and much more, on Piers Palmer’s Weather Station.
If you wish to receive these emails you must register on this website. It’s free and requires just your name and email address.